Monday, March 19, 2007

The trip to Pittsburgh, Part 1


The Friday night drive took about 3.5 hours, from Dayton to Pittsburg. The trip was hampered by snow fall, the roads were slick and at times traffic slowed to a crawl. I-70 eastbound outside of Wheeling, WV was shutdown, the detour took us south along the 470 outerbelt. We pushed on and arrived at the hotel around 10:00pm. The trip one way was just over 250miles.

As is our common practice I pricelined a room in the area, I was very happy to get a room in Bethel Park at the Crown Plaza Pittsburgh South. It was very comfortable and clean and might I add... a steal at $45 a night.

After checking in and getting comfortable we decided to head out and try to find some food, after exploring all that Bethel Park had to offer we settled on TGI Fridays. It was funny to me to see the thick bar smoke in the air when we walked in... I've gotten very used to being able to go out and eat dinner in Ohio and not stink like Joe Camel afterwards. I guess Pennsylvania just isn't as progressive as the Buckeye state.... either way, we ate. To tell the truth, there's a handful of resteraunts that all taste the same to me. Appebee's, TGIF's. Max and Erma's.. I know there's someother one also... but they all taste the same to me. It's boring as shit.. and I don't quite understand why people go there, or what they see in it.

We went back to the hotel and Kelly fell asleep on the bed... I watched some Kevin Bacon movie I think.

Tomorrow I'll post photos of our big day in Pittsburgh... wait for it.

No comments: