Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Game room, paint and lighting

Saturday night we pulled a classic all niter, priming the walls and painting the ceiling. We kept it going all night, wrapping up with some touch ups at 5am. The ceiling is old, but not original, obviously.. having been painted twice I believe and not ever by the former owner. The gap between each tile is a mere millimeter, but it's enough that the roller wouldn't cover properly.. so we painted the grid as a starter and then rolled the rest. Here's Kelly doing a fine job:



Sunday morning we slept late, but got up in time to go to Home Depot in the rain a buy trim and crown molding (brilliant!) The drive home was a wet one, I sat in th back of Betsy holding on for dear life to our 14' sections of $3.19 per linear foot crown molding (at that price I wasn't about to let it fall out!) The rest of Sunday we spent painting & finishing the grey (Behr Dark Granite) and tan (Behr Gobi Desert).

Monday we stained the trim, I put a second coat of gray on the ceiling and we hung the Lowe's special order light fixture, the result is exactly what I'd hoped for. A dark, peaceful, moody game room that is a completely irresponsible usage of space:

No comments: