Wednesday, November 14, 2007

P.O.'d at the P.O. (for the millionth time)

We've hardly at all spoken too badly of the P.O. on this blog (not that we've spoken much at all in the first place, but I digress...), even though we've cursed her name too many times to count. Either way, I went down to the 'dungeon' the other day to switch clothes from the washer to the dryer, and I saw puddles of water:


Aggh!! Our biggest nightmare...water where it shouldn't be (on top of the vapor barrier over the crawl space). I initially ignore what later seems to be the obvious from looking at the photo. My first thought is to look up at the water lines that feed the kitchen sink. Are they leaking? They have a few turquoise spots here and there, indicative of pinhole leaks from corrosion. I feel the pipes, get my hands dirty but not wet. This will most likely bite us in the a$$ in the future, but this was not the problem on this day. My eyes next focus on the glorious duct tape joint on the PVC drain line for the washer. I feel the tape, and it is definitely wet. And gooey. (Yuck...must...wash...hands...now). Apparently, duct tape was the best way to attach the furnace's condensate pump drain line to the washer drain pipe. Of course...duct tape...what alternative is there??

No comments: